Knox ProCorps was created in October 2011 to provide Knoxville Area Professionals an opportunity to utilize their talents and professional training to support projects such as Project Ulpan in Guatemala as well as projects here in the East Tennessee area.
Knox ProCorps desires to improve the health and welfare of impoverished communities in East Tennessee and abroad; and to provide opportunities for uniting professionals in the greater Knoxville area to connect with people in other cultures.
- Provide Engineering and other professional services to impoverished communities by improving:
- Water supplies and water quality,
- Agricultural practices for higher yield and lower environmental impact,
- Medical awareness and access,
- Build relationships by working together,
- Utilize talents and professional training to address poverty in the world,
- Immerse themselves in other cultures,
- Improve their skills by applying them in a new culture and without our modern aids.